Contact

If you have a story and would like to share it to help other women to grow in the Lord please feel free to contact me and send me your story, as well as your name and town and country you are from. Please email it to lovingrtb@gmail.com.

Note: Some of the pictures are links ... feel free to click on the pictures and find a doorway to information to help you grow in your faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Thursday 22 September 2016

Trouble In The Amen Corner

It was a stylish congregation
you could see they'd been around
And they had the biggest pipe organ
of any church in town

But over in the Amen Corner of that church
sat Brother Ayer
And he insisted every Sunday
on singing in the choir.

His voice was cracked and broken
age had touched his vocal chords
And nearly every Sunday
he'd get behind and miss the words

Well, the choir got so flustered
the church was told in fine
That Brother Ayer must stop his singing
or the choir was going to resign.

So the pastor appointed a committee.
I think it was three or four
And they got in their big fine cars
and drove up to Ayer's door

They find the choir's great trouble
sittin' there in an old arm chair
And the summer's golden sunbeams
lay upon his snow white hair.

Said York we're here dear Brother
with the vestries approbation
To discuss a little matter
that affects the congregation

Now it seems that your voice
has interfered with the choir
So if you'll just lay out, or ....
are you listening Brother Ayer.

The old man raised his head
a sign that he did hear
And on his cheek the three men
caught the glitter of a tear

His feeble hands pushed back
the locks as white as silky snow
And he answered the committee
in a voice both soft and low.

I wonder if beyond the tide
that's breaking at my feet
In that far off heavenly temple
where my Master and I shall meet

Yes, I wonder if when I try to sing
the song of God up higher
I wonder if they'll kick me out of there
for singing in heaven's choir.

A silence filled the little room
and the old man bowed his head
The committee went on back to town
but Brother Ayer was dead

The choir missed him for awhile
but he was soon forgotten
A few church goers watched the door
but the old man entered not.

Far away his voice is sweet
and he sings his heart desire
Where are there no church committees
and no fashionable choirs.

Let me hide myself in Thee ...

Jim Reeve song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVkZXKgc3TA

picture: http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/mcs/media/images/66993000/jpg/_66993027_amencorner_getty.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment