Contact

If you have a story and would like to share it to help other women to grow in the Lord please feel free to contact me and send me your story, as well as your name and town and country you are from. Please email it to lovingrtb@gmail.com.

Note: Some of the pictures are links ... feel free to click on the pictures and find a doorway to information to help you grow in your faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Friday 16 September 2016

Wedding Blessing for my First Born Daughter September 10/2016

My speech at my daughter's wedding on September 10, 2012. May God bless them greatly in their married life together. I love them both. 

Here is the speech:
I don't feel so bad about my essay now that I saw the novel that the best man read lol. My daughter Rebecka asked me to say a few words. It made me laugh. I'm NOT known as a woman of a few words. So you might want to sit back and relax while I talk. I should warn you I have put people to sleep while I talked so if you are going to fall asleep please do so quietly so Rebecka and Mitchell won't notice. Remember they only have eyes and ears each other today so please don't interrupt that lol. Anyway I better get started so I finish before Rebecka has her first child lol.

Rebecka was born on April 14 of 1994. I was so happy to hold her in my arms. She was a delight. She was such a mother hen and so helpful. Then I woke up. (**laughing**) just kidding. I'm still in a coma Wahahaha.

When she was about 7 or 8 years old she begged me to make a Mennonite dish called "Mouse" for her. I told her that I don't have the ingredients. I didn't keep the ingredients on hand because I really don't like that dish and hated the idea of making it. She argued with me that I did have the ingredients and said "we have a lot of mice outside". I laughed at her and promised her I would give her a mouse for a wedding gift so she could one day make "Mouse" for her husband. I'm sorry Rebecka and Mitchell but I grew to afraid of mice and besides didn't have time to buy one for you. 

Anyway joking aside ... Mitchell I want you to know that Rebecka has the potential to blossom into an amazing wife. She already has such an amazingly kind heart. You can play a big part in it. I've learned a thing or two of marriage and I want to leave you with this one gem of wisdom I've picked up in my 40+ years of life ... DON'T NEGLECT TO DO AN OWE!!! OWE stands for One Way Everyday!!! Everyday show her in a meaningful way and in her love language that you love her and would lay your life down for her. It doesn't have to cost you anything. It could be something as simple as a loving message hidden in a place where you know she's bound to find it. Or stopping at the side of the road and picking a bouquet of wild flowers. Just something to let her know that you love her and think of her when you are apart. I trust my daughter into your care. She is your responsibility now. Please take that seriously. Firstly help her to grow in her relationship with Christ and secondly in a relationship with each other. It is a high calling to be a husband. Be the Spiritual Leader of the home. Remember that she cannot follow a parked car. 

And Rebecka remember that submission is not a place of weakness, but rather of great strength. I know that submitting is not an easy thing to do especially when everything within you says that what you said was the right thing. Allow him to fail. because he will. love him through the failures. And remember ... Seek the Good in Mitchell and Praise him. A man's number one need is to be honoured and respected. 

I have been Blessed being here to celebrate this momentous occasion with you both. Raymond and I welcome you, Mitchell, into our family as our son. We look forward to getting to know you and develop a healthy and strong relationship with you both. May God richly bless the two of you as you begin your life as husband and wife. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment